One Stop Poetry One Shoot Challenge

Scott  Wyden and his photography are featured today at One Stop Poetry.com – great prompts and interview – well worth a look.

I had decided to give today’s challenge a miss because the CFS has tightened its grip in the last few weeks, but then, it occurred to me, one of the prompts is ideal for…

Trapped, disappearing...my words for Scott Wyden's great photo 'Up'

…explaining the way  this nasty little condition makes me feel.

I’m trapped, disappearing,
your greed unsatisfied,
your grip unrelenting.
Trapped, disappearing,
I squint, not despairing
at a stripe of blue sky.
Calmed, re-appearing,
I’ll fight for my life.

This entry was posted in CFS, M.E., One Stop Poetry, poet, poets, Uncategorized, writing and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to One Stop Poetry One Shoot Challenge

1. kez says:

kinda of rings a bell here tho not for the same reason but have been housebound and know how that feels, great words thank you

i am glad you are willing to fight for that little strip of calm sky…sounds rather frightening actual…nicely penned…

3. ayala says:

Fight for it…. Nicely done!

4. dustus says:

Inspiring poem. I see that trapped feeling when I view this photo and think you did an excellent job with it…. Don’t give up!

5. claudia says:

i like the word strings you weave…Trapped, disappearing, squint, not despairing…very nice…and yes – fight for it..

6. Trapped. I like how your traps us in…

skyscrappers

7. Elisa's Spot says:

It’s difficult for me to comment on anything connected to this image, as the image itself has me hiss with distaste. Nothing but the sun in it beckons to me and the lack of nature has me wanting to gag. I wanted you to know that I did take the time to read, even with my revulsion at the image prompt.

I like the ability to view and to notice even the slimmest possibility of life and expression that you placed within this writing. Thank you.

It was a metaphor for me for the CFS, maybe that made it easier to write about…though I actually liked the view up through the brick to the sky… looking up to the light.

8. Patricia says:

not despairing … glad you haven’t let go of hope. I feel for you in the battle, but am thankful you use your gift to inspire others. Thankful that you have words to help you express and fight the battle… my brother had no words… this is a better way. Blessings in the battle.