Euphemidiom

Today’s Dverse poetry challenge has reminded me of a bit of fun I had with idiom and euphemism several years ago.

Euphemidiom

sleeping like a top
snug as bugs in rugs,
now that’s pure gold

And I’m as happy as Larry
over the moon
on cloud nine –
well – it’s better than a poke in the eye with a burnt stick!

This entry was posted in Dversepoetry, euphemism, free verse, online writing, poet, poetry, Uncategorized, writer and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Euphemidiom

1. Lesley says:

Euphemidiom
    = euphemism for femidom?

ha. this was a delight to read…you caught a really nice beat and all the idioms left the curl of a smile on my cheeks…fun stuff…lol

3. claudia says:

ha..much better than a poke in the eye with a burnt stick…nicely penned..made me smile more than once..

4. Mary says:

What a wonderful title. You really DID manage to weave so many idioms together in this very clever poem. It would be fun to hear it read aloud, as it has such a bouncy rhythm.

5. Pat Hatt says:

hahaha you sure playing the idiom field so grand, I’ll run if I ever see you with a burnt stick in your hand.

6. Sue says:

Sally, I like this! Bouncy, fun – I thought you said you didn’t do humour – this bucks your trend! I like it!

7. zumpoems says:

Nice light-hearted wit! And great use of your materials to create a end product that ends up emphasizing the fun and humor of the work over the materials! Well done!

8. zongrik says:

i like the chop chop of this, and how you blended the idioms

9. Caty says:

haha 🙂 this made me smile…i like the beat of it too